Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Martha Moment Continued




Remember this? Well I finally finished this project. It only took how long? Who's counting though? (Not even me.) It turned out pretty good I think. Better than it was that's for sure.

I got the fabric on a major clearance. This place had some GREAT remnants for SOOOO cheap! I think we paid $40 total for about 8 yards....EXACTLY the amount I needed....no extra fabric allowance for mistakes though, yikes. The entire project I pretty much felt in over my head. I really did not know what the heck I was doing but for $40 how could I loose? The couch was free. Well, it turned out and I'm happy with it. The best part....it's done!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Snaaazy! I have been wondering if you ever got around to finishing this. I'm very impressed. I'm not surprised; everything you touch turns our great. I'm gonna have to pick your brain, I have been thinking about doing our sofa in the family room. It is so faded and stained from greasy little finger prints.

Erin said...

YOU FINISHED!!! It looks great. I am amazed that you just whipped up a new couch. You go girl. YOu are amazing!

The Texas Links said...

Nice! It looks professional. That's a task I don't think I would have even thought about tackling. Good job, Ali! I'm impressed.