Thursday, June 5, 2008

Schools out! Summer FUN ahead!

Today Annaliese finished her first year of preschool. She was so cute when I picked her up from school. Her class was up front singing a song for all the parents. Right in the middle of the song when she saw me come in she ran from the group to give me a hug. Melt me! Then she went back to finish singing with her class. After the songs were done she was a bit emotional. I couldn't figure out what was bothering her. I think it was just that she loves school so much and isn't quite sure what to think about not being able to go back for awhile. She didn't cry the first day of school. I didn't expect it on the last! She's just too sweet.

As a gift to her teachers, Annaliese was so excited to give them a gift card to Jamba Juice, her new favorite. It was 90 degrees or so today and humid, it seemed an appropriate gift. I told Annaliese we would go get some of our own Jamba Juice soon but couldn't today. Instead we made our own fruit smoothies here at home. I think she was very pleased...she asked for thirds. Here is the recipe. YUM! We'll be making these often I'm sure. Let the Summer fun begin!

Fruit Smoothies
6 oz Frozen Strawberries
6 oz Frozen Mixed Berries
1 ripe banana
6 oz strawberry or peach yogurt (I used lemon)
8 oz orange juice
6 oz milk

Combine in a blender. Makes 4 eight oz drinks.

Oh, I almost forgot....A great highlight... today Annaliese learned to whistle! Now I get to listen to her practice. =) She's adorable!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Mmmmmmm I am going to make those smoothies today! It looks like it will be another HOT one!

The Texas Links said...

Sure...the whistling is adorable now...but wait until she's been doing it for the past 12 years.
It's so sweet that she cried on her last day. It's the change that I think makes them emotional. They just don't know what to expect. Brynna was emotional too...but she's over it. She's slept until 10:00 every day since school's been out. It's a pretty good trade, I think. Love you Ali and love those cutie girls!

Erin said...

I cant wait to try the yummy smoothies! Oh the joys of whistling!!! So she finally has admitted to liken school huh???

kthom said...

I'm still amazed at the fantastic couch you created....nicely done! The question is...is it comfy? It's last week of school around here and the hurrying to get things done before all 3 are home all day has begun. I sure enjoy reading about your life! :) xo-Kari

Shannon said...

A smoothie sounds great right now. And I can't wait to hear Anaaliese whistle for me.