Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Growing Fast!


A couple of months ago we bought Annaliese a big girl bike. She tried it out the first day we brought it home and then told us that she wasn't quite big enough yet to ride it. Maybe later. Well on Monday, out of the blue she announced that she was now ready to ride! We dusted off the bike and away she went just like that! She was just too cute. She was proud & so were we. She was just glowing as she rode up and down our alley. I got some video. Very sweet. She is very cautious & watchful of cars which is good. I think this weekend we'll be shopping for a few helmets. (That will complete the swimsuit biker chick image we have going, don't you think!)

Tonight (6/12/08) we worked on stopping/breaking and took a ride down the sidewalk to a little park where she practiced some more. She prefers to drag her feet to stop but she will get the hang of it soon.

Another great highlight from this week: I took all three girls to the Field Museum all by myself. They did so great! I remember last summer when the twins were newly walking and Annaliese wasn't quite independent enough to not be in a stroller when out and about. I specifically remember thinking "Won't next summer be great! I'll have a four year old who won't need to be strolled around and the twins will be two, able to climb in and out of their car seats by themselves...won't that be so great!" Well, we've arrived! I have an independent 4 year old & the twins are 2 years old... but they are doing so good! I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to be able to do this little outing to the museum single handed! IT FELT SO GREAT! I was completely self sufficient. My mothering ego soooo needed this.
I am so excited for this summer! I really think we are going to have a great time!

2 comments:

The Christexans said...

Wow. Way to go girlies. What a big step Ali-I'm thrilled for you. Hooray for Summer 2008!

Erin said...

I LOVE THE BIKER CHICKS!!!! I just love the swimsuits and crocks. How fun that Annaliese is "old enough and ready" now. So fun. You are doing great ali with the three by yourself!! Summer 2008 baby!!!