Sunday, May 25, 2008

Disneyland Magic

I have always loved Disneyland. I remember as a child not being able to sleep at night I'd be so excited for a family trip to Disneyland - like it was Christmas. The entire park was just magic for me. There are so many happy memories with both family & friends there that going now is a little bit like going down Memory Lane. On this visit much of that same magic I experienced as a child was still there, but this time it came more from being able to watch the faces of these three little ones. I loved how they lit up at every turn! Magic indeed.
****


This day ALMOST didn't happen! I had in my mind that if I could sense that the girls weren't going to have a good day that we just shouldn't go & I sensed major tiredness. But we did get there, we just got a later start than we intended waiting for a not so happy camper to take a nap. It actually worked out pretty well. Everyone was napped and happy, ready for the good times to get rolling. Erin, my mom and I loaded up the girls and off we went to the Happiest Place on Earth. We met Corbin and Shannon there and a good time was had by all!





One of our first rides was the carousel. Everyone loved it and Avrie was soooo cute! I'll never forget the way she waved nonstop to everyone as we went around and around! People everywhere were waving back to her! I wish I could have had video of it! Dumbo was a huge hit naturally! Also the Casey Jr. train and Winnie the Pooh ride scored big. Basically everything we did was pure bliss. Small World was closed, dang it, and we didn't make it to Toon Town. Guess we'll just have to go back. =)








The girls did get to meet Micky and Minnie but the pictures were not with my camera. Erin, can you post them so I can copy them please?
*******
I just can't wait to take these girls back again! There is just so much more to do and see. I can't wait for the memories to come!

6 comments:

The Texas Links said...

Magical indeed!! I was 26 years old my first trip to Disneyland. I could feel the magic in the air and I saw Cinderella's Castle and I cried. I get teary whenever I see a Disney parade and see my daughter trying desperately to catch Belle or Cinderella's glance...and if she does..."Mom, she looked at me" with tears in her eye's because she's so happy. And to see Tinkerbell fly trough the sky...Pure magic. I LOVE Disneyland too. (didn't mean to get so gushy) Love you Ali! Glad you guys had a grea time.

Anonymous said...

Fun!!! It seems like I haven't been there forever. You make me want to go, but at this point I think I would die of exhaustion. I'm thinking I'll wait till the little ones are a little older. Or atleast until the one inside me is OUTside of me. I'm glad you had fun here in CALI with your family.

Erin said...

I just loved that day! Those mickey ears were so adorable on them. I was such a great day. I had a great time with those kids. its just a happy place.

Jacqueline said...

Hooray for Disneyland! The girls look like they had so much fun!

Shannon said...

We had so much fun with you guys. Thanks for being so understanding with Corbin. He loved being with his cousins. Sorry you didn't get over to toon town.

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

alison-
i love disneyland... last time we went i cried the first night and josh wasn't even born yet!!! (nor pregnant!)

anyways, glad to see you are well.. hopefully we will see eachother soon