Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hurrah for the Pumpkin Pie!

We had fun this year for Thanksgiving. We invited the missionaries and a few families from our ward over for the feast. And oh what a feast it was! I think we should have Thanksgiving at least three times a year! I made the turkey, the stuffing, jello, green beans, a banana cream pie and little finger food appetizers (oh yeah, and "gravy" with help from McCormick and REAL gravy with help from the Turkey & Andy). Karyn made 2 amazing batches of mashed potatoes. Marjorie brought 2 YUMMY homemade pumpkin pies, marshmallow yams and rolls. We had a wonderful time visiting with our friends and watching the kids run wildly around. A fun day indeed!





On Friday Annaliese and I went to a special kids ballet/dance performance at a local theater with Alli & Karyn. Cute girls! This was Annaliese's first time to go see a real live show like this and to see the big stage, red velvet curtains, golden balcony, fancy schmancy art carved in the ceiling, etc. We loved the traditional ballet the most but they had all different types of dance. It made me want to go see a real professional ballet. I think next year we'll take everyone to see The Nutcracker. The best part of the show was during intermission. Annaliese and Alli joined a bunch of kids in the aisles to dance together. Annaliese has some moves! It was just too funny and cute! I wish I had video!




7 comments:

Erin said...

YOur place setting looks beautiful and inviting, can I come? The food looks delish as well. Annaliese looks adorable for the ballet. Her dress is perfect for the event and her hair looks darling. What a fun opportunity for her to go and see it on the big stage.

Karyn said...

The dance in the aisles was priceless! It was a wonderful weekend! Thanks for all the fun!

Jeana said...

OH yum! You did so good with thanksgiving! That dance show sounds like it was so much fun too. I'm sure the girls loved it.

kir said...

Oh Ali! I'm not checking blogs for a little bit an dlook what happpens!! What a beautiful Thanksgiving!! Fantastic photos and I especially love the one of you and Miss Annaliese--you've got the seasonal broach going, love it!! Thank you for sharing the story of you twim angel babies' arrival. That was beautiful and they are all so lucky to have such a wonderfully brave mom!! Love you, Ali!!
-Kir

kir said...

So sorry about the typos, how about I check my typing before I send it...

Tiff D said...

Wow, what beautiful girls you have. Ali, you are such a great blogger. You look the same it seems bizarre that it has been what like 14 or 15 years since I have seen you. You have a powerful, faith building story. You are amazing as always.

Shannon said...

Alison you table looks just beautiful. What a great meal you guys made over there. Wish we could have all been together though.