Saturday, October 18, 2008

The most wonderful time of the year


I do love fall. LOVE it, love it, love it! Fall has finally arrived. The air is cool and crisp. The tree lined streets are glowing with fall colors (or will be soon). Sweater weather, hot cocoa, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, candy corns, honeycrisp apples, country drives, walks through fallen crunchy leaves....these are all things that I just love about fall and what make it my favorite season. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year to me and puts me in the best mood. (Okay it ties with Christmas. )

I have found yet another reason to love fall even more than I already do. Pumpkin Farms! Today we took the kids to Goebberts Farm in South Barrington. What a perfect day! The girls had so much fun rolling pumpkins all around, touching all the different types of gourds, climbing on hay bales, getting a CAMEL ride and a PONY ride, going to see all the different baby animals, running through the cornfield maze, etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on. Lets just say - great time. We'll be going back again next year for sure. We saw Annaliese's teacher there with her niece and nephew which was also fun. We forgot our camera but Miss Trieu had hers. Here are some pics that she took for us. (I'm hoping to figure out how to download pics from our cell phone too.)












9 comments:

Jeana said...

I Love fall so much too! Except I"m really disappointed with the fall in CA. Hardly any of the leaves change and it's super hot... OH WELL. Good Idea on waiting to restore the piano

Rose said...

This is one of the best times of the year!! I love, Love just LOVE fall!

kthom said...

Seriously....camels...that is fantastic! Out here we have MONSTER TRUCKS! I'm thinking that camels would go over much better. Love the pics of your cute little ladies, and all the fall fun. Oh and I love your fairy t-shirt. Does it help you play better?

Erin said...

ummmmm i just love these girls. What a fun pumpkin farm!!!

The Christexans said...

Seriously a camel in Illinois? Wow. Annaliese is really looking like a big girl. Their faces just start to get thinner.
We just enjoyed the fall colors in the Jungfrau region. That is near Interlaken. This shouldn't sound so pretentious. It was amazing! No camels-bummer.
Check out my blog soon for the pics.

kir said...

Did they have a Halloween camel in one of the Charlie Brown specials? I love it!! And the fact that the mother of the girls went for a ride as well-awesome!! Did all of the King girlies get the very same fairy t-shirt? Please don't tell me you're willing to put all of them away for a natural disaster...
-Kir

kir said...

Point of clarity-please tell me you're not going to put the lovely t-shirts away to be used in case of a natural disaster, not put the girlies away...
-Kir

Alison said...

Kari- I hadn't thought about it but yes,I think I did play better when I wore the shirt. But Avrie didn't like me wearing it. She would say I'm too big.
Kir- Not to worry! We have so many shirts that I was not only able to stash some away in the emergency kit(wolves, cheetahs, frogs), but also save some to enjoy as everyday wear (kittens, puppies, fairies). They love 'em.

Shannon said...

I love fall too. What a great pumkin patch. We don't see many camel rides around here. Looks like fun.