Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

If you count the girls in the picture above, there are a few extra sitting around making candy houses while the turkey cooks. The "extras" belong to my friend Rachel. Rachel and I have been friends since our days together back at the BYU. We were roommates and what a wonderful roommate she was! I tell you she hasn't changed either! She is so much fun and just an outstanding person. She and her husband and four daughters joined us for Turkey Day this year. I am thankful for good friends and especially Rachel and her family!

Looks like I was on the wrong end of the photo here. Nice hair everyone has don't you think? =)

I had to snap this photo...two reasons.. 1) the giant drumstick on Addie's plate 2) It is now official that she is allergic to Amoxacilin. If you look closely you will see the "freckles" she has all over her face and hands. Luckily her reaction wasn't beyond the hives. Sweet Adeline, I'm so glad and thankful that you will be fine.


So I tried a new recipe this year that was just too good not to share. Here it is if you are curious. YUM! You won't be sorry!
Also made the famous Dixie Salad and it was a favorite (apples, oranges, grapes, pomegranite, marshmellows and whipped cream all mixed up together). I tried a few Pioneer Woman recipes. I liked the cranberry sauce a lot but was so-so on the green bean casserole. I figure I'll try this one next year. If I'm the only one that is going to eat them, I may as well make them a little healthier. This looks awesome too...next year. I also think I need to work on the old turkey. He turned out good...just a tad on the dry side in my opinion. A great meal though and great to be with family and friends.
I "only" weigh three pounds more than I did a week ago. =)
We've had a wonderful weekend counting our blessings. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!



4 comments:

Erin said...

happy thanksgiving to you guys. That picture with the giant drum stick is FANTASTIC! So funny! Im glad you guys were able to host such a yummy day!

Ryan and Kiley said...

Alison,
I'm pretty excited you have a blog. I love reading blogs!! I have a green bean casserole for you to try- it was a BIG hit at our house this year! See you Sunday.

Kiley

Est. 1981 said...

Alison, I love your blog! Your posts are wonderful, I love reading them and love to see pictures of your sweet family! Your home looks so beautiful! Love ya--Paige

Dianne said...

I created a blog and I am kinda confused with it, its hard to explain maybe u can help me? I love ur blog :)