Sunday, November 14, 2010

Primary Program

Today was the Primary program at church. It turned out so good and I was so proud of our girls and their friends.
This morning before church we had quite the drama going on. Avrie was so upset and nervous about it and was crying and sobbing that she didn't want to go. Annaliese was excited and practicing her lines and practicing projecting her voice while dressing herself in an outfit that looked like a six year old put together....(a jumper that didn't fit anymore along with hot pink cowboy boots...luckily she was open to other outfit suggestions). Adeline was busy trying to convince me she didn't need to wear tights and had on a pair of old pink suede shoes that didn't fit Annaliese anymore but didn't quite fit her or match her outfit. I had overslept so was barely dressed myself. We were a like a crazy family trying to pull it all together it was funny actually.
We finally made it...just a few minutes late. Avrie was still upset and trying to convince us that she was not going to participate snuggled on my lap. When it came time for them to go up she hesitantly went up with the encouragement of the primary president. Whew.
They did great! All of them! Annaliese said her lines perfectly and clearly and loudly. She knew all the words to the songs and was terrific. Avrie and Adeline did their lines perfectly as well. The sweetest thing though was how Adeline comforted Avrie the whole time by holding her hand. MELT ME! I wish I had a camera..it was too sweet. Avrie really appreciated the extra love from her sister for sure.
Our ward meets in an elementary school....one built in the 1940's. The auditorium is old and the acoustics are not very good. The amazing thing is that we could hear everything perfectly where usually it is very difficult. It was such a well organized and well rehearsed program. The primary presidency did a fantastic job with the kids. I think it was one of the best primary programs I've ever seen. Great job to all and especially my girls! You made us so proud! =)

2 comments:

Erin said...

im glad i was able to hear annalieses part over the phone. I wish we lived closer so we could be there in person to hear them.

pace family said...

Alison, we were going through the exact same thing that morning! Ava has not participated in any sort of program whether it be school or primary the past 3 years. She was a hot mess that morning. The only way we convinced her to go up there was a purple unicorn pillow pet and believe me she did not forget that pinky promise!! It did melt my heart when I saw Avrie and Addie holding hands up there because I could tell Addie was nervous. The kids did a great job!!!