Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sweet Adeline


Song Lyrics to "Sweet Adeline" Chorus

Sweet Adeline,
My Adeline,
At night, dear heart,
For you I pine.
In all my dreams,
Your fair face beams.
You're the flower of my heart,
Sweet Adeline.

(Sigh)...She really is the flower of my heart, that sweet little Addie! She seriously melts me! She is loved and adored by all! Once again... the latest and greatest list of some of my favorite Addie moments.

09/25/2008 - NOT shy what so ever! When she meets a new person, she is their best friend.
09/25/2008 - Loves, loves, LOVES princess dresses and dress up. Always loves wearing fancy accessories. Loves "Fancy Fancy" (Fancy Nancy) the book.
09/25/2008 - This girl knows how to make you feel just great about yourself. She ALWAYS compliments. "Mom, I love your necklace." or "Dad, I love your haircut." Thesse are both recent compliments we've received.
09/25/2008 - Little Swiper -Watch out! A number of times this week I've caught her snatch a toy from Annaliese and take off running (loving the attention). Big sister screaming behind her "GIVE IT BACK!!" Addie always gives it back (after I intervene) and gives her most "sincere" apology with a tiny little smile. TURKEY! =)
09/25/2008 - LOVES to have us watch her do whatever it is she is doing. "Watch Mom, watch me dance." or "Look mom, I made a tower!" Watch! Watch! Watch! And I do love to watch!
09/20/2008 - Shoe girl for sure! Insists on wearing shoes to bed! Not just any shoes...sparkly shoes. I got her some sparkly flip flops, now her favorite. She wears them to bed every night. Sigh.
09/20/2008 - Did I mention she's got a shoe thing going on? When our babysitter comes over, the first thing she does is ask to wear her shoes! Also likes to try on her speech therapists shoes when ever she comes over. I can never find my shoes either...thanks to little Miss Addie wearing them all the time and leaving them all over the place. =) (I seriously have to hide my favorite dress shoes...so that I can find them on Sunday mornings when I need them.)
09/10/2008 - This girl is crazy! Why won't she keep her shoes on....ever? We lost her crocs the other day in a store up in Wisconsin. Luckily the store manager found them the next day completely hidden. It took us a full week to get back up to Wisconsin to get them...but we got them back! Whew.
09/10/2008 - Such a sweet little girly girl...she found some size 10 sparkly shoes and loves to wear them, even though they don't fit. Good for dress ups and sleeping with. =) She also LOVES to wear MY shoes, scattering them all throughout the house, separating them from their mates. I eventually find them in the most random places!
09/10/2008 - Loves her teacher Miss Julie at Art class. It's pretty obvious her teacher LOVES her too!
09/10/2008 - Lately she has been really attached to her "Cindawella Baby". It's a very sweet little doll. Addie lost Cindawella for a few days...it finally showed up after searching high and low for days...stuffed in the pantry??? She said "Oh there you are! I missed you! Mom, she was on time out."
09/10/2008 - Finds little random toys that she will carry around all day. A little kitten figurine, a stuffed animal, a sparkling diamond "wing", whatever she is into that day and will just take it everywhere. She is funny because she'll set it down for a second and turn her back and forget about it for a second. As soon as she realizes she's not holding it..."Oh NO! Where's my_______!" Where's my ______! I can't find my ________!" She cracks me up! At night she does the same thing. She sleeps with her little tiny kitty...and wakes up in the middle of the night in a panic wondering where it is in her crib.
09/10/2008 - Early riser! How can this be? She did NOT get it from me that is for sure.
08/16/2008 - Still in her "I do it myself" stage. Must do all things herself...or else.
08/16/2008 - I think Addie is my other strong willed child. She just does her thing her own way. I'm glad to see her hold her own.
08/16/2008 - I don't think I ever mentioned that Addie likes to rub her fingers over her fisted knuckles when she is relaxing. Always has.
08/16/2008 - Doing so great in speech therapy. She has her K sound down perfectly in all words! We move on to S! Good work Addie!
08/08/2008 - Got her first haircut. So cute in her new little bob.
07/15/2008 - The past few weeks she has been SOOO independent! Nobody can help her to do ANYTHING..she must do it all by herself. Hope this stage passes by quickly.
07/15/2008 - Little bit of attitude going on with this little one. I swear Avrie and Addie trade personalities every now and then. It's like they KNOW how much I can take in a day. If Avrie isn't going to dish the full amount Addie decides to step up to make sure I get my full dose of toddler attitude per day. Silly girls!
07/15/2008 - Doing great in speech therapy. Says CAR properly! Hurray. Still working on other K words but she can do it! Starting on her S's now too.
06/15/2008 - Loves to wear dresses.
06/15/2008 - Amazing artist! She loves to draw on the doodle pad. She draws perfect happy faces (usually upside down, but perfect.)
05/30/2008 - Have I ever mentioned how this girl loves to jump? Her gross motor skills are quite good. =) At night before she lays her head down on her pillow she will stand up, jump straight up & throw her legs out in front of her so that she lands flat on her butt....after that she is ready to lay her head down. Funny girl!
05/28/2008 - Knows all her colors. Smarty pants! =)
05/28/2008 - Had her developmental eval this week. She scored right where she should be for her age! Good job Addie! She was really really good at naming all the different pictures! =)
05/26/2008 - Loves to draw on the doodle pads. She draws happy faces, often upside down but perfectly. Tonight she added legs and arms and hair. She is getting very good at drawing.
05/26/2008 - Loves loves loves playing in the hose outside.
05/26/2008 - Has her "L" sound mastered. Impressing her speech teacher. She can do her "K" but we are still trying to break her old habits and getting her to use her K sound. It's coming though. =) Her sentence structure and length of sentences is really taking off! She is growing too fast!
05/26/2008 - Has been unusually cranky this week. Funny girl had to take a few timeouts...she smiled the entire timeout so proudly...hmm.
05/16/2008 - Sweetest girl ever! MELTED grandma and grandpa's hearts in CA!
05/16/2008 - Loves to run and gallop and twirl her arms around! Very cute! Gives great hugs and kisses!
05/16/2008 - Has to give up sippy cups says speech therapist. Only straws for now!
04/10/2008 - The best eater ever! Why she is such a string bean I don't know! LOVES fruit! We call her "the little mooch" because if Kermit or I have food that she doesn't she will come beg for bite after bite until it's gone...like we never feed her or something!
04/10/2008 - Speech is coming along! She has her K sound in the middle and end of words. Getting better at the beginning of words. She likes her teacher a lot!
04/10/2008 - Has been sick with an ear infection and runny nose. She does NOT like to be sick!
04/10/2008 - Funny girl is copying Annaliese lately. She has been throwing tantrums "Annaliese style" this week. =)
04/01/2008 - This girl will figure out a way to get what ever she is after. She is a climber!
04/01/2008 - The other day in the car, she pointed up to a sign and said, "ABC's!" =)
04/01/2008 - TALL girl! I think she is growing!
04/01/2008 - Loves story time! Insists on several stories before naps and bed!
04/01/2008 - Loves little toy animals. She loves to take them and make them hug me while making little whiney baby doggie cries. nnnnn, nnnn, nnnn in a really high pitch. All animals need love.
04/01/2008 - Loves her doodle pad. She is getting dang good too! She draws happy faces!
04/01/2008 - Determined girl! Making progress in speech with her "K" sound. Good girl Addie!
03/13/2008 - This girl loves to accessorize. Loves sunglasses, necklaces, purses, fancy shoes, you name it, she loves it!

4 comments:

Erin said...

oh what a addie. I just love this girl. She does make you feel like she is your best friend. What a honey and I miss this little one.

kir said...

You are so good Ali-we are fans of "Fancy Nancy" as well, actually the girls are much more so than the boys, oh well...
-Kir

Jeana said...

We decided to put our profile on private so if you haven't received an invitation just send your e-mail address to harpjean14@msn.com & we will add you
Love,

Kurt & jeana

Mad Queen said...

Love this picure of Adeline too... and fun that you posted her song, how precious! I have always loved her name and I am glad it is not become so popular as some older names have... she is an original!