Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy 60th Birthday

Better late than never, right. I'm only a month behind and determined not to get 2 months behind!
At the very end of July all of my side of the family gathered in California for mom's 60th birthday bash. A pirate themed 60th bash, no less. What a great time we all had. Mom is an August baby so all the kids went in together and got her a beautiful peridot necklace and earings. We also put together a scrapbook for her listing all the things that we treasure about her. No pirate party would be complete without a treasure hunt. My brother Byron dressed up as a pirate and helped the kids follow clues around the yard to find different hidden treasures. My kids especially loved that. Annaliese is still talking about it! They also had pirate boat races (raingutter ragata style). My mom's brother's and their families also came for the party. It was so much fun to see some of my extended family that I haven't seen in years!
It was a very fun day! Happy Birthday again mom! I love you!










5 comments:

Mad Queen said...

What a cute idea for a 60 year old party... PIRATES! Never would have thought of that... absolutely love it.

The Texas Links said...

Love the pic of Mom trying to open her presents with all the grandkids around. Especially Avrie! Funny! We had a great time!

Rose said...

Love these pics!! Have you sent them to grandpa waldron? Definately pictures to "treasure."

Jeana said...

Oh we had so much fun at that party! We are also glad that you guys made it home safely.
Love,
Jeana & Kurt

Atkinsons said...

Hey Alison and family! It is good to see your faces! Your girls are beautiful!!..I can't even remember the last time I saw them. These are some great pictures, we wish so much that we could have been there! Glad we can keep up with you guys through the blog! Hope you are doing well! Love you-Krystal and Shawn