Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The rest of the story...



So to wrap up our California Adventure I just have to say...we had a blast! I was a bit nervous for this one. I flew ALL BY MYSELF with the little ones and SURVIVED! (I tried this once before and vowed to never do it again...it was bad news.) The kiddos were great. I sat in the aisle and Annaliese sat in the aisle across from me. The twins sat next to me in the middle and window seats. We kept busy with play-doh, stickers, fancy paper and markers, Richard Scary books, treats and of course...videos. We were on the 6am flight. Did I mention that the kids did great? They were so happy at 4:30am when we woke them up. They were so excited and ready to go! My dad was there when we arrived bright and early in LA and drove us back home. Byron's family had also just arrived on their flight at about the same time so he followed us back to Riverside. FUN TIMES WERE HAD!

HIGHLIGHTS...
*Cousin Corbin's 4th birthday party.
*Fun at THE PARK!
*Fun in the BACKYARD!
*Fun with COUSINS!
*Huntington Beach, playing in water and hot dog roast.
*Disneyland.
*More Beach (Annaliese and Avrie LOVED the water. Adeline, not so much.)
*Annaliese had swimming lessons every morning the week we were there! (She was so brave and determined! What a sweetheart!)
*Survived an earthquake
*Family photo shoot.
*Did I mention, Fun with COUSINS?!
*Dinner at The Elephant Bar.
*BIRTHDAY PARTY for mom!

Whew...all that in one short week. Kermit flew in and joined us on Wednesday night, so we all flew back home together as a family. We took the last flight out...got home after midnight...but we made it! The kids once again did great.
What a fun trip! Can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Whoa... 3 kids by yourself... 6:00am flight???? Girl, you are AAMMAAZZIINNGG... WOW! Sounds like life is starting to get a little easier... When the twins turn 4, your life will be even better... 4 is such a magic number in our house. You are doing a great job. Sounds like you had a great summer!

The Texas Links said...

Had soo much fun! Miss you guys and Maggie says "Alison--sooo beautiful". Can't wait to get together again.

Erin said...

YOU did survive an earthquake. Oh how I hate them. And I say that from the depth of my soul. I loved having you here come again. I just hate when you guys leave.