Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Annaliese!


Look who's FOUR! I can hardly believe it myself! Kermit and I are both having a hard time grasping this one.

We had her birthday party here at the house. Once again this year she wanted a Valentine themed party. Easy enough! It turned out darling, and she just loved it all! Everything was hearts, hearts and hearts. We played toss the heart bean bag, pin the heart on the cupid, and decorated graham cracker houses with conversation hearts, chocolate and other goodies. Very cute! We had special miniature cupcakes topped with lollipops in them that she helped to make. Also very cute. The very best part of the whole party was when she blew out the candles. At first she was a little hesitant...(she's our cautious one)....it must have been scary to have the flames right there in her face.... but after some reassurance she blew out the candles one at a time. SO CUTE! "I did it! I did it! LOOK! I'm four years old now! Look I grew! My pants are too short! Look my feet grew! I'm four now!" She was so happy! It was magic to her! Just precious and unforgettable!

Annaliese was thrilled to spend her birthday with her friends. She LOVES them. She often will comment on how lucky she is to have so many friends. "I sure do have a lot of great friends" she'll say out of the blue.

Kermit and I soaked up every moment of the weekend with our birthday girl. If she weren't so darn cute it would be a tough one to swallow. She's a darn cute four year old for sure!
Life is good! It's good to have a four year old. Love that Birthday Girl!

5 comments:

Erin said...

what a great 4 year old shirt. Where did you find that? So great. Darling cupcake too. WHat a cute cute messy face and a fantastic annaliese quote.

terica said...

Awe, I cannot believe it. I really cannot believe she is four years old. I will NEVER forget coming to your house right after you brought her home, she was one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen and still is such a beauty and what a lucky lucky little girl to have such a beautiful mother inside and out.

The Texas Links said...

I love the sparkely 4 shirt! What a big girl--4 years old. Weird... Sounds like the party was fun and she was REALLY happy to have grown. What a cutie pie!! Happy Birthday Annaliese!!

The Christexans said...

I must agree that Annaliese's magical four moment was unforgettable. I never knew what blowing out a candle could do. Maybe I'll just avoid that part of the birthday celebration, and then I'll quit aging! I'm so glad Elsa and I were a part of her special day.

Mad Queen said...

Happy Birthday Annaliese from the Queen of Hearts! What a fun birthday... I love going with a good theme. She is absolutely darling... I love that she thought blowing out the candle was "magic"... I forgot how special it is for first borns... the younger siblings think this stuff is more "normal"... too cute!