Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Christmas 2007 Recap

I made a promise to myself that I would get the Christmas posts done before Valentine's Day....Whew...getting down to the wire here! But here we go!

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday! I love letting the the celebration begin as early as possible, on the day after Thanksgiving and continue the festivities on in to they new year! This year we spent Christmas here at home! I love this town when everybody clears out! It really is like living in a small town with all the greatness of the big city! We were able to visit Zoo Lights, Winter Wonderland and The Field Museum with hardly any cowds (We had the field museum to ourselves!!!!) IT WAS AWESOME! Parking was open everywhere! Traffic was light! Church meetings were small and almost family-like! I love this place during the holidays! I think it is the best time to be here!

Christmas day was especially fun. It was the Christmas I have been dreaming about for the last 10 + years....one where I have little children in their footy pj's excitedly running down the stairs to see if Santa has been there. The morning was perfect! The girls loved their stockings, loved their dolls and the train that Santa set up around the living room. All day long they played and played, happy as ever! It was a perfect day.

We headed to California to visit my family from the 29th to the 4th! WhaHoo! What a fun time! I love just being with my family, just hanging out being together! I haven't lived near home since I as 18 (so 7 or 8 years now, he he!) and have always known that I'd probably always live far away to have my own family. But now that I have 3 little ones....it is much HARDER to be away. (I could go on and on, but I'll save that for my own personal writings and not bore you to tears.) All I can say is that I love my family and was so glad to be able to spend time with them for the holidays! Happy New Year Links (that includes Ellsworths), WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

Some CA highlights: Lost luggage (again, thank you Southwest), Mission Inn Lights, Sea World, Game nights, Kareoke, FOOD, Movies, March AFB Museum, Family Photos, In N Out, park, naps, candy houses, great old army trunk, cool kiddy tool set, Cooking class gift card, matching PJ party, good times!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That does sound like a dream Christmas. But our favorite part was when you made it out here, with only the clothes on your back (smile). I could see how hard it was for you to have your girls at Grandmas house, someone was alway crying. I don't know if it felt much like a vacation for you but it was so nice to have your family around. We love you guys!

kir said...

Hey Ali!
I am on the slow side in the blogging world, I'll get there eventually...love the pics of your cute crew!! It doesn't seem that long ago when we were 5 or 6 visiting Shamu- time flies!!
-xo, Kir

Alison said...

Kir! So great to hear from you! Yes, time does fly amazingly! I can remember visiting there too. I got a cool shamu pencil case. Fun times! Let us know when you get a blog going too. It would be fun to keep up with the latest with you. Hugs to all!

Alison said...

Shannon-
We had a great time visiting. Yes, somebody WAS always crying...I keep telling myself its because they were still a little bit sick. When we come back in the spring hopefully everybody will be chipper and happy! =)I'm counting on it. We could sure use a trip with some sunshine right NOW! Winter is too long this year! See you SOON??? I hope!