Thursday, February 14, 2008

Won't you be my Valentine...


The past few days Annaliese has been singing non-stop, loud and strong "Oh won't you be my Valentine, my Valentine, my Valentine. Oh won't you be my Valentine, my Valentine today" (the tune is Muffin Man). Today I went to her class for a Valentine's Day party. Very fun to see her so excited. Her teacher said that she was dancing all around just bursting with excitment before the party. I got to watch her decorate some cookies, make a Valentine for her dad & pass out all the Valentines that she made for her classmates. She really did just love every second of it! As we were preparing to leave, I was kneeling down getting her backpack situated, when out of the blue she came from behind. She gave me a HUGE bear hug around the neck and said, "Mom, I love you sooo much! Happy Valentine's Day!" and gave me a huge kiss right on the cheek and just kept on hugging me and hugging me.
Yes, that put me on top of the world. I love that child. Love her to bits! She really really really melts me.

5 comments:

The Texas Links said...

What a sweetie girl! Valentine parties at school...just wait until you have three in one day to go to and bring cookies, plates, drinks, etc. Brynna got a special valentine sent from Caden at school and..he sent two others, but wouldn't tell to who he sent them to. Funny and weird at the same time. Not ready for that yet! Happy Valentines Day to all at your house.

Steph said...

Such a cute girl and such a cute pic!!!

Erin said...

wont you be my valentine? Did she make up this song? OR did she learn it at school? So cute. Good job putting her in a heart sweater...how perfect. SOunds like she loves valentines day.

Shannon said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Annaliese! Sorry we are late. Hope out little darling had a wonderful day. Being 4 is very exciting. What a big girl she is. Love you all.

Mad Queen said...

How sweet is that? She is very loved! What a good mommy you are. I love her "festive" sweater... too cute. You are entering an all new stage... class parties and helping out at their school class... it will keep you busy but that time is oh so precious. Enjoy!