Saturday, September 15, 2007

Friday Night Out...

Last night Kermit surprised me with a spur of the moment night out! He arranged for a sitter and off we went! We ended up at the Music Box Theater. We love this place just for the cool old movie palace that it is. Better yet is the amazing organ performance prior to the show! I wonder how many musicians out there could work an organ like this one! We were so impressed with all the finger and footwork going on! We missed the 7:30 show so we took in the 9:40 of In the Shadow of the Moon. It was a documentary film from Sundance about the Apollo astronauts that went to the moon. Very interesting and entertaining! Kermit absolutely loved it! (I'm sure I would have LOVED it too- but I have this terrible problem of falling asleep in movies- not because I'm bored but because I'm just that tired!) What I did see I liked very much!

One thing is for sure I didn't fall asleep for dinner! It was delicious! I love good food! We tried a new place for us called Uncommon Ground near the theater. This place was supposed to have all local fresh foods on their menu. Yes, it was fresh and delicious! I thought my pistachio crusted tilapia was good (is there tilapia around here?) until I tried Kermit's pork chops with gooey yummy risotto and pumpkin sauce! WOW! Now that was tasty! Our openly buzzed and gay waiter told us later that the pumpkin ravioli was "to die for!" - Now he tells us! Oh well, next time. But it was good food all around and I like that!

Thanks Kermit for date night (or "gate night" as Annaliese calls it) - looking forward to next weekend too!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great hunny you have...planning a date all by himself. You're a lucky girl! Sounds like a fun evening.

carrie said...

I've heard of that restaurant. Sounds good. Can I have some pumpkin stuff right now please?

Mad Queen said...

I was curious what "journal" was, so I clicked on it... what a super fun date. We have a place just like that in Indianapolis... really fun... when you mentioned your "gay" waiter, I had to laugh, our place is full of "gay" waiters too... I guess the artistry just demands it. Fun. The food your described is making my mouth water... yum! Kermit is a good hubby.