Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Double Trouble!

Okay, so far the kind of trouble the twins have been into has been normal, expected stuff....continually emptying drawers, getting into garbage, playing in the toilet (once with their toothbrushes), shredding an entire boxes of kleenex throughout the house, unrolling entire rolls of toilet paper, eating sand, throwing food, and of course undoing any attempt I make to clean up or organize, etc. You get the picture. So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see this last night as I entered their bedroom......



Ahhhh!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!! Yep, that's dry erase markers....ALL over their carpet. This picture doesn't do it justice. Probably 100-150 markings throughout the room. The cleanser in the photo as you can see...didn't work. Kermit tried some acetone solution that kind of works. The thing that worked the best was a big area rug. Covering up the majority of the marks was about the best we could do. The rug we had on hand isn't my favorite so I may have to go shopping for one that will look better in that room or re carpet. Argh!


Above is the duo looking on to the cleanup....Avrie seems very concerned....Adeline completely proud (so guilty)! Mom and dad a little peeved (not pictured).
The thing that kills me is that we haven't had a dry erase board for YEARS!


8 comments:

Shannon said...

Ouch! I wish I has some cleaning tips for you. It is painful to think about. But...you like to shop...new rugs are fun. Good luck!

Joy said...

oh my goodness!!! i love the picture of the two of them surveying the damage! happy rug shopping! miss you all!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
terica said...

Oh my goodness Ali! I cannot believe that. That makes my problem of keeping them in their cribs a little less annoying now. I am so sorry! Happy shopping!

Erin said...

ALi, im sorry it happened but it makes for a great story. the picture of the two of them is so great. Their faces just tell you whose the most sorry. Addy...not so much.

The Texas Links said...

OH NO!!!! That's one of those go to time-out for the rest of the year things. But, what can you do? Sometimes, Ali, they do those kind of things even when they are 5. Adi does look proud...funny! Have fun shopping for a new rug (bonus). Love you!

Karyn said...

Classic! Did you try rubbing alcohol?

Or coloring a pattern all over the entire carpet to make it blend in? :)

Mad Queen said...

Oh my gosh... dry erase markers are the worst! I am the queen at getting stains out, but I have NOT been successful with dry erase markers. Let me know if you find a solution. Seeing the expression on Adeline's face... priceless... the carpet makes me sad to look at! Motherhood is SO hard.

Keep up the good work!