Thursday, September 6, 2007

First day of pre-school....


The first day of school was a happy day for Miss Annaliese! We carefully packed her lunch of Peanut Butter and Jelly and took the 1 1/2 block walk to her new school. She was calm but excited. When we arrived right on time there were kids and parents everywhere! Annaliese immediately sat down at a table with markers and began to draw. I knelt down beside her to tell her good bye and she basically said -"Bye, now get out of here." I lingered and stalled as long as possible then realized that it was ME that was having the jitters! My baby! I'm leaving my baby at school with a teacher we've only known a few weeks and with stranger kids and what if they are mean, and what if they don't see my baby as the special girl that I know she is. I walked away teary eyed. At the end of the day when I went to picke her up, her teacher told me she did great. Aparently she got sad at nap time but her teacher was able to calm her down without much effort. Sweet little thing. Love her! She is going to do great. Me, I'll get tough soon enough I hope.

8 comments:

Erin said...

What a honey! I see she is using her DORA backpack. Does she like having her own backpack? Tell me does she have a lunch box too? SHe looks darling in her uniform. I just want to squeeze her. I cannot believe she is going to preschool. Time is going by too fast. Your jitters will go away, you know they will....in time

Shannon said...

What a big girl she is. She seems so ready for pre-school...I'm glad she liked it. I know I'm not ready for Corbin to go yet. I understand your jitters. But her teacher is bound to see her as the darling special girl that she is....it just shines out of her, no way to miss that one. Give her a kiss from us and a lick from Weezer.

Karyn said...

She is such a cute school girl! When did these girls grow up?! *sigh*

Erin said...

1951??? That means you like diners and movies. hahaha. That is fantastic.

The Texas Links said...

I know how you feel! It's hard to send them off with people you don't know and kids who say mean things...but she will do fine. She's a lovable little cutie who, I'm sure, will have lots and lots of friends. (She looks adorable in her uniform by the way.) You'll be teary this year and the next, and the next.... and then you'll send them to high school and be teary some more. It'll be O.K. momma.

The Christexans said...

It is wonderful that she loves pre-school so much. What an independent little girl. Elsa still isn't convinced she wants to go. As for the jitters you have, I still suffer from those. Much better you than her!

Sticking to the floor said...

Love the pics of your kiddos!! Hannah still looks like a "baby" and annaliese looks like a big girl, all ready for school. Love the uniform. We miss you guys!!

Mad Queen said...

Precious... your baby is a big girl now! I love her happy face. She is SO ready for school. I think she was ready for school 2 years ago.... the girl is absolutely brilliant. Fun times ahead.