Monday, January 27, 2014

Sports 101

Kermit and I are not huge sports fans.  We both love watching an occasional basketball or baseball game but we don't follow teams anymore like we used to.  Kind of sad. Sigh.  So this weekend we randomly turned on the TV and stopped at a college basketball game.  The girls were gathered around so I tried my best to explain the game.  The red team, the white team, the referee, the two point shots, the three point shots, the foul line shots, etc. Everyone seemed really interested and liked to watch.  One of them had me laughing my head off (to myself) when she most seriously said, "If I ever play basketball, I want to be the referee."  I love it!

Then today I explained to them what the Super Bowl was.  It was brought up because the twins have been invited to a Puppy Bowl Party.  The Puppy Bowl is a show on Animal Planet that shows puppies "playing football".  Perfect for a bunch of 2nd grade girls right?! But if they don't know what the Super Bowl is then they won't get it. So I explained that the Puppy Bowl is just a bunch of puppies pretending to play football. Puppies tackle each other and play tug of war with the ball etc. and it's cute to pretend the puppies are playing real foot ball.  Then one of my girls says, "How do the puppies make a basket?"

I love my girls!  Just had to laugh!

No comments: