Friday, January 17, 2014

Summer 2013 Kick Off

This last summer we were lucky again to be able to spend it in Massachusetts.  On the first week that we got there Kermit was gone everyday to Boston for the WWOM.   (WWOM stands for World Wide Officer Meeting, aka Partner Meetings.)  You'd think this was a bad thing but it was good! Usually when the WWOM comes around Kermit is gone for the whole week overseas.  But because it was in Boston this time he was home every night which was great!

Spouses are usually invited to the spring WWOMs but I haven't been to one since Annaliese was a baby.  This year I went for a day which was kind of fun.  I went downtown and got a massage and went to hear Hillary Clinton speak. (Though I'm not a democrat, it was still cool).  I opted out of everything else mostly because I wanted to be with the kids back home (and being pregnant I would have had to go buy a weeks worth of  super nice maternity clothes...no thanks!)

Also having his WWOM in Boston got the kids and I out and about in the city right away. (P.S. His company was celebrating 50 years!  Amazing!  Kermit was honored for being there 20 years!  Double amazing!)  One day while he was busy with his meetings I took the girls and did the children's museum  and had Kermit meet up with us at the Boston Tea Party Ship for their last tour of the day.  We literally were the only people in the tour so we got the VIP treatment.  The museum had gone through some recent renovations and we were very impressed.  They did a great job bringing the history to life.

So that is how we kicked off Summer of 2013.  Not too shabby I'd say!






No comments: