Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Little Bright Spot....

For nearly an entire week, 3 out of our family of 5 have been sick. It has been a miserable bug. Nausea, body aches, fever, sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, the works. Annaliese, Avrie & I were the "lucky" ones this time, but we are hopeful this won't go on too much longer. Being a mom is exhausting for me when I'm healthy. When I'm sick it is nearly impossible. It has been a hard week.

This evening I had to take notice of one little bright spot in this crazy week.....my happy little Addie. All three of my girls are just the greatest but tonight I have to say I felt extraordinarily thankful for my little Adeline. It was while I was brushing her teeth and singing songs with her tonight that it struck me. "This girl has been great ALL day long! She has been happy from the minute she woke up this morning to this very moment." What a great little girl! I mean, she didn't even get cranky pre or post nap! I just sat there in amazement as I watched her just be her happy little self! It was just heaven to see this little one just glowing, happy & totally healthy! It radiated from her and somehow made me feel less sick for a moment.

Tonight as I read stories, she snuggled in close and and listened to every word. When I put her to bed she gave me the sweetest hugs and sweetest smiles and went to sleep. Ah. Her happy little disposition was just what I needed today. I love that sweet Adeline.


Photo of my Happy Addie from tonight.

9 comments:

The Texas Links said...

We all love a "Little Bright Spot" every now and then. We need those to get us through the in-between bright spots time. I love the pic! She does look extremely happy! Hope to see you soon! Love you!

Erin said...

what a good little AD. She is a happy one isnt she? I just love her and am very excited to give her a hug in ONE WEEK exactly.

terica said...

Well I know why she is so happy, she has you as her mother and it does not get much better than that!

Shannon said...

What a darling little piece of relief. It is hard being sick when you are the mom. Sweet Addie for being so easy. What a blessing, especially on days like these.

Karyn said...

Addie is a cheerful little bubble. I'm glad you are all feeling better.

Mad Queen said...

That is what being a good mom is all about... appreciating those small but happy moments that come along... makes it ALL worth it! Hope you guys feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Awh, I loved that post. It makes me want to look more on the positive side of things. She sounds like such a sweetie pie. I love it when kids are happy, it means they know they're loved.

Costa Rica Baby! said...

What a great mommy moment! I just found your blog, your sweet girls are adorable. Hope the illness leaves soon.
Shawna

Alison said...

After 2 weeks & 2 visits to the doctor I finally got some antibiotics! Thank goodness! They kicked in immediately and got me feeling SOOO much better just in time for our trip to CA! That was one miserable bug! I am so grateful for my good health!