Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009



Kermit's friend from work stopped by. Had to snap this photo! It's not every day you get a giant bottle of Windex at your door.


Halloween is such a great holiday! The kids have been just so excited. All month they've been singing and singing their little hearts out every Halloween song they know. They have been going back and forth on what they want to dress up as. Every night before bed they would ask how many days until Halloween. Serious stuff here. Very VERY excited. We finally decided after much debate on their costumes. Avrie, a unicorn. Addie, a walking strawberry. Annaliese, a witch. I had a lot of fun making them their costumes. My sister kept me company late in the evening working on these gems...we visited via Skype. (I love Skype! What a great invention!) I have decided that a glue gun is a very handy tool and one that I have under utilized in the past. I went through many a glue sticks on these costumes and even dusted off my sewing machine. I really loved it and look forward to next years costume challenge. The most rewarding part though is how proud the girls were to wear my creations. They were so happy and so proud to be wearing such nifty duds.
We went to our church party on Friday night and had a great time. We were having car trouble so we took a cab to and from the party....and that was a highlight in and of itself. We were late as usual, but it was a great party I'd say. One of the better I've seen in my day here in Chicagoland. Kudos to those who planned it!
Saturday, which was the actual holiday...Kermit and I spent the entire day cleaning out the basement. Now that was spooky! We had fun working together and were able to get rid of so much stuff. Seriously, it was long overdue and we did it! I love clean basements! In fact I dream about someday having a basement so clean and organized that I could take guests down to our storage room and just show it off. Exciting I know. But I seriously do hope to be able to show off my basement someday and I know you all can't wait.
Saturday night we invited a couple of families over to eat pizza with us and trick or treat in our neighborhood. It was a fun and casual evening. Kids ran wild, pizza inhaled and good time had by all I think. Halloween 2009 a success!

3 comments:

Atkinsons said...

How fun! The Costumes turned out so cute! Great job!
I definitely LOVE a good glue gun!

kir said...

Way to go with the seamstress skills there, Ali!! I love the walking strawberry--they all look fantastic!!
Nice job getting a pic of the windex bottle--impressive! We had a boy dressed up as the geico money at the Halloween parade at the school, it was good-- but no Windex bottle!!

Erin said...

i had a blast watching some of these costumes unfold on skype. So fun. YOu did a great job. Im glad the girls loved the final product. Cant wait to see you in person...when can that be?