Thursday, February 26, 2009

Junk Food Redefined



Today Annaliese decided that since she is now five years old that she should be in charge of making lunch. Without any adult supervision she made PB&J sandwiches for herself, Addie & me. (Avrie passed on the offer.) When we were just about finished eating Annaliese said,

"Wow, Addie sure does like junk food."

What do you mean junk food?

"Yeah, I dropped hers on the floor. But that's okay because it looks like she likes it."
She was cracking me up!

The sandwich pictured above was mine...not bad. I just had to add a little bit more peanut butter when she wasn't looking. It was then that I saw a 1/4 jar of jelly....smeared all down the front of the counter, on the stool where she had stood and of course all over the floor. The very place where Addie's sandwich became Junk Food. Yum! =)

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh my goodness, that little girl is so precious; wish I could see her in action! Miss you guys!!

kthom said...

That's hilarious. I find that my boys generally don't mind a hill 'o beans if something happened to fall on the floor. I monitor the amount of gross-ness but I guess all little people must like junk food. You do have some darling little gals Ali! xo

kir said...

You've got to just love those little helpers!! And what a gracious mom/supporter you are to even consume the (non??)junk food!!
So happy to see that you have some heat back on there in the warm and sunny windy city!! I do love the continual sleepover and it looks like the little ladies are thrilled with how fantastic and clever their cool parents are to let them do something so great!!

Erin said...

LOVE IT!!!! I laughed out loud. So cute. Look out the five year old is a new girl...idependent girl!

Jeana said...

I'm so glad your furnace is fixed now! No heat is not fun! Ha Ha Ha and junk food?!? I loved that, Your children are so cute and funny.

Mad Queen said...

Super cute story!... junk food...who knew! I love that she is getting independant... always a good thing. Jonas is not making sandwiches yet, but yesterday I did teach him how to clean a bathroom...ha!

Karyn said...

So funny!

Shannon said...

So cute,so funny. I love it.