Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Annaliese!


Today is Annaliese's 5th birthday. Wow, that went fast. It really makes me sad when I think about how fast she is growing. I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact that she's not a baby anymore. Silly I know. She is losing those luscious chubby cheeks that I love so much. She doesn't have those cute little dimples in her hands anymore either. Sigh... She's a beautiful big five year old. The one thing I can say is I do love watching her grow. I love watching her figure out the world little by little. She may not be a baby anymore but she will always be ours. What a blessing!


We had a wonderful day celebrating. We ran errands in the morning and she was sure to tell everyone we met that it was her birthday. She brought many a smile to quite a few strangers. We came home and decorated her cake just in time for a few of her friends to arrive for a little Outer Space Birthday party. We ended her special day with a birthday dinner of her choice. Kermit and I took our big 5 year old out to Portillos for a cheeseburger and fries. All three of us were in heaven.


Happy Birthday Annaliese! We love you!

7 comments:

Erin said...

happy birthday little noodle. I cant believe you are five years old. I swear it was yesterday that we were praying that you would soon come to earth. How happy you make us.
I heard your birthday party was a great one. I love you. Happy Birthday.

Atkinsons said...

Happy Birthday! Annaliese is such a beautiful girl! I LOVE the cake!

Karen said...

I can't believe she's 5. Does that mean it's been more than 4 years since I've seen you???

Happy Birthday, Annaliese!

The Texas Links said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Annaliese! So big, so quick. Next thing you know she'll be losing teeth--then everything changes. Cute cake!

The Texas Links said...

Woo Hoo Annaliese! Happy Birthday kid! Cant wait to see you guys!
- Uncle Byron

Karyn said...

Oh, I am so sad we missed the party! What a darling cake! Isn't it crazy having a 5 year old already?! Time sure flies.

Mad Queen said...

SUPER COOL CAKE... you did this??? WOW, MOTHER OF THE YEAR!! I love that she picked this "outer space" theme... that is super cute. Our kids grow up, but they do get more fun with age, even with the dimples gone on their hands. I felt the same about Jonas turning 5... no longer a toddler... 5 is BIG!!!