Monday, January 14, 2008

Go Team!

Support your embattled Republican Candidate!
GO MITT!
The scoop here is either
A) Kermit is dang good at photo shop or
B) the following story
In October Kermit & I went to a small Romney fundraising reception in Wilmette at a private residence. WOW is all I can say! It was such a great experience!
That night we were running a tad late (surprise). When we arrived people were just mingling around with their cocktails and hors d'Oeuvres (how ever that is spelled, but that's how Martha Stewart spells it) . We didn't see Gov. Romney anywhere. Luckily we asked! He was in the library for photos. We quickly headed to the library where we literally were the last couple to step in to get a photo before the photographer packed up. Whew! That actually timed out great though because it gave us a chance to chat with him a moment! Kermit actually knows Mitt from years ago back in college. Being the last gave them a chance to reminisce and get a brief update on the latest! That was pretty cool I must say.
After our nice little chat, Mitt was ushered to the gorgeous patio overlooking the lake to give a speech. I really truly came away impressed with what he had to say. I usually don't get worked up over politics because it is hard for me to follow and understand everything that happens and hard to know who is being truthful. But I really think that Mitt is a very smart person who would have more than a clue when it comes to dealing with the economy. I also think he has integrity. As far as I'm concerned, he could do a great job! I think he would be a great president, personally. We'll see what America thinks.
After his speech he opened it up for questions. The first person, an older woman asked "What about the big grizzly in the closet, the Mormon thing...." He gave his answer basically stating that if elected he would put his hand on the Holy Bible and promise to to HIS job for the country (not his church). His answer was great, but I can't remember all he said. I do remember him stating that he wouldn't ever change his faith because he was proud of his heritage and faith and if people can't get past it, so be it. (This was all before his big speech on Faith at the Bush Library.) A good answer, handled it well. I'm pretty sure we were the only other Mormons there, but it seemed to me like we weren't the only ones annoyed by the woman's question. People seemed very satisfied with the answer given and more than ready to get on to the questions relating to the issues on their minds. All of the following questions were more politically aimed rather than religion based, the real issues!
GO MITT! We're rooting for you!
(Answer - B)

10 comments:

Alison said...

Who needs a tan?

Erin said...

this is DAD. yep. that sure looks like him. Ask him about the brawl in front of the salle in Nantes with a drunken rugby teeeeeam from strasbourg or ...
good shot.

carrie said...

whoah- fancy!

terica said...

WHAT THE? Do tell...

Erin said...

You go girl. I just love his last name.....:)

Shannon said...

What brought you all together? You look great.

Steph said...

Agreed...do tell the story!!

Karyn said...

You are my most-connected friend. :) And you look fabulous in that picture!

Shannon said...

Enjoyed the update. I would have guessed 'A'. I know Kerm is quite a wiz with the photo shop(smile). What an interesting evening you must have had.

Mad Queen said...

Wow! Cool story! I actually wondered if it was the photo shop thing, but then I read the story (a dead give away:). I like hearing about your take on him after meeting him personally. I have had mixed feelings over the whole thing. Oh, and hey, you totally look like you are in a campaign photo... I think politics look good on you. And I like your hair darker! Just gorgeous.