Thursday, January 24, 2008

A new leaf....


I want to be a better blogger....I want to write more journal like entries so that someday when I put together my photo album/scrapbooks I will be able to remember what the heck was going on in my life.
So here's to a new leaf!
I need to do at LEAST one post a week! Can it be done? I still haven't posted my Christmas yet! Coming soon though (before Valentine's Day...)!


Other resolutions I don't want "forget" about:

  • Be nicer to people/ reach out to others better

  • Have regular Family Home Evenings

  • Get ORGANIZED! (Desk & Closets)

  • Gain more patience with twins (I just ordered 3 new parenting books...Anything that can help!)

  • Find new "kid friendly" dinners to add to the rotation (hot dogs, chicken nuggets & grilled cheese just aren't cutting it)

  • ExcerSIZE......(the word makes me tired)

  • Weekly date nights with Kermit (xoxo)

  • Visit my brother & his family in TX

  • Say NO to Gymboree (only buy things we NEED)

  • Catch up on photo albums/ scrapbooks

  • Finish sewing my couch cushions

  • Finish Annaliese's room (sew curtains, hang pictures)

  • Be a better visiting teacher

  • Be prepared for my AWESOME little primary class each week

  • SEND out ALL my Christmas cards! (I only ended up mailing half this year! Is it too tacky to send the other half this late? )

  • Remember Birthdays (even if belated...just remember!)

4 comments:

Greg Christensen said...

May I add, be patient and kind to yourself. That is a big list and you are one busy mom! baby steps.
Suzy

Karyn said...

I still have half of my Christmas cards too.

Erin said...

what good goals girl. I like em. It is a new leaf! You doing good ali and you are patient with your girls. Whether you see it or not you do good. Love you.,

Mad Queen said...

Hey, I like the "new leaf" idea. Your list is rather overwhelming, but as I read it, I would like to do all of those things too. Now I am hyper ventilating here... do you know the My Turn on Earth song? "some dreams must wait, life isn't long enough... its nice to know there's all eternity, for everything you want to do..." good stuff. Keep it simple. Oh, and I had to laugh at the Gymboree goal... but DON'T cut that out!!! That is the FUN part of motherhood. Plus, they can only wear those amazing Gymboree clothes for so long... I know, and when that happens it is sad.