Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blessing Day

Althea Elsie age 6 weeks

November 24, 2013 was a special day. This beautiful baby had her blessing day at church.  My parents came in from St. George for the occasion as did Kermit's brother Kimmel from Massachusetts.  Our ward meets in a CPS school not far from our house so she was blessed in the school auditorium during our 9am sacrament service.  We got there in time but I didn't have her dressed yet so I ran to a classroom to get her ready her with my parents. It was literally a freezing cold morning so taking her out of her cozy footie jammies was a bit of a shock.  She was a good sport about it though as I changed her into her beautiful but rather tight fitting short sleeved dress.  She barely fit in it but we got it buttoned.  We finally had her set just a few minutes before she had to go up.  I was worried she would start to cry during her blessing but she did pretty well.  I gave Kermit a muslin blanket to wrap around her and she did great. Just a little fussy toward the end but not a big deal at all.  Kermit gave her a beautiful blessing and I actually recorded it on my phone. I will type it out and print it for her baby box. No doubt she is a special girl.  She is an angel from heaven.  Proof is right there in the picture above.


1 comment:

Erin said...

Heaven on earth for sure! She is beautiful! I love that dress. I wish more than anything I was there.