Sunday, January 31, 2010

All about Addie - 2009


12/25/2009 - Loving her new scooter. She has picked up on it very fast. I think in the spring there will be no stopping her!

12/22/2009 - at the CSO Welcome Yule intermission the girls danced in the ball room to the music being played there. Addie stole the show with her graceful moves. I think we may have some dance talent in the family! No kidding and she's not shy about it either! Guess it's time to find a ballet class for these girls!

11/18/2009 - Tells everyone that they are now four. =) Loves her Cinderella costume and barbie doll with sparkly horse. She is just a happy girl!

09/21/2009 - Loves being silly. Her new favorite silly walk is feet straight out...what a goof!

09/14/2009 - Who knew that the toy of the year would be a laundry basket. Good thing we have five of them. Yes, it's true Addie has turned her sisters into laundry basket players. =) You can put a pillow in them and sleep in them, you can hide under them, you can put them upside down and pretend they are a table, the list goes on...an oh the fun!

09/14/2009 - She is always wrapping up a "present" for me. I get multiple items a day presented to me wrapped in dishtowels, or washcloths, or blankets, or napkins, etc. She just has a giving heart I guess.

09/14/2009 - I think this is the girl that is responsible for the pillow piles that we get in our house. Loves to put all pillows in the house into a pile and jump into them. Also she likes to like up pillows in a line and just lay on them.

09/10/2009 - Still likes to be held...always. When we go to the park we now take the wagon so that she can ride...and not ask to be held for the walk home. Love that wagon! Love that girl too! I've been using it for after school too! Love it!

09/10/2009 - Started preschool! She loves her teacher and loves going to class! LOVES her uniform and her backpack. She is very outgoing and tells her teacher that she loves her and gives her hugs and kisses.

09/10/2009 - Of the three Addie is still my best sleeper. First to sleep at night. If we have quiet time she she will nap every now and then (the others never nap). She takes after me. I love sleep too.

09/10/2009 - Loves to draw! We got stacks of old stationary from Kermit's office and we draw and draw and draw all day. She is sooo good! I'm starting to not be able to tell if Annaliese or Addie made a drawing. She is so good! Both of them are.

09/10/2009 - Loves pretending she is a baby. Her sisters like to pretend that they are the mom so it works out well.

09/10/2009 - Learned to write her name ADDIE. Just like that! She often points to letters and asks what letter they are...she is getting there! Way to go Addie!

09/10/2009 - Has been walking around with her feet straight out for some strange reason. She is a goofy girl sometimes. Happy and sweet and goofy.

07/31/2009 - Still my snugglebunny.

07/31/2009 - Loves to ride her tricycle.

07/31/2009 - Likes to walk around and clap her hands loudly...by cupping her hands. New skill.

07/31/2009 - I love her little skipping. She has it half down and it is adorable to watch.

07/31/2009 - Dress ups are still this one's favorite. I still have to hide my church shoes otherwise I'll find them all over the house with the dress ups. Her drawings continue to get better and better!

07/25/2009 - She did so great in the pool! She figured out how to doggy paddle with her life vest on and had a blast!

07/15/2009 - Often complains that her tummy hurts. I can't tell if she is for real or just looking for attention.

06/06/2009 - Such a graceful little girl. I love it when she dances. She also makes me smile when after dressing herself in what she thinks is a gorgeous outfit she poses for me. Very cute.

06/06/2009 - Okay this night time routine of 3am wake up calls has been going on for awhile now. Last night was the FIRST night she hasn't gotten us up and out of bed in weeks.

05/21/2009 - All week addie has been waking at 3am calling for me..."because she needs to tell me something." All week I have been lecturing her at 3am why it is important to not wake me up in the night to just wait until morning to tell me something. I told her last night that if she called for me I would ignore her. Sure enough she still tried and tried. "Mother...I LOVE YOU...MOTHER....I LOVE YOU...MOTHER...sob, sob...I LOVE YOU!" So hard to ignore, but I did. Finally she did it. She climbed out of her crib all by herself and walked into my room (Kerm is out of town this week) "mom, I need to tell you something" she says to my face. Oh my, oh my. No wonder I'm tired.

05/18/2009 - Likes to tell about her dreams. Sometimes they are identical to the dreams Annaliese has. Hmm. =)

05/18/2009 - Has started to write her letters. Such a good little artist too.

05/15/2009 - She is little miss social. She is NOT shy and loves to bat her lashes to impresses those she doesn't know yet. Love this girl!

05/15/2009 - Melts me every day. I love it when she says, "Mom, I love you." It's so cute when I cuddle her and ask her if she knows i love her. She'll say sweetly, "nyeah."

05/11/2009 - Sh cracks me up when she is "cries". She'll whine and tell me what the problem is (somebody isn't sharing, tummy hurts, etc.) then very dramatically sniffs two sad sniffs for effect. It works every time! =)

05/11/2009 - Is big into doing tricks on the couch...usually a somersault. She is so flexible though she could join circe de soile. She's a good dancer too!

04/15/2009 - So sweet. so sweet. so sweet. Loves Kangaroo class at OTS. Loves her teacher! Is taking a break from speech therapy until fall. She calls her therapist "my lisa".

04/15/2009 - Can climb into her crib all by herself. Can't climb out but that is okay with me. =) Now that she can do it herself she will not allow anybody to help her. Cute girl!

04/01/2009 - We're working to break her habit of licking her lips. She can't help herself. Very cute but ouch those lips need some lip balm. =)

04/01/2009 - Have I ever mentioned how much Addie and her sisters love to play doggies? These girls are obsessed with dogs and play puppy dogs all day. They LOVE it!

03/23/2009 - This girl loves to draw. She is so good at it. Have I mentioned that before? She likes to play guessing games with her sisters. She will draw a picture and give them hints to have them guess what she has drawn. She'll usually say..."It starts with the letter A" even though she drew a house or something. She also loves to look at books and pretend she is reading. That's how it all starts though. She'll get those letters and sounds down!

03/05/2009 - This morning we were awakened to Addie singing ,"I think we have a wug. I think we have a wug. I think we have a wug." Addie, what's a wug? "A wug is on the floor." Why are you singing about a rug? "um......um......um.......because we have a wug."

02/25/2009 - Whenever Kermit or I have to leave Addie will always say, "Wait, wait, wait! I need a hug and a kiss!" She gets her hug and kiss then she says, "And another hug...(hug) and another kiss...(kiss)." There have been times she just keeps asking for more and more. We are suckers for it big time.

02/25/2009 - This girl can draw so well!

02/25/2009 - "Mom, I love to go to the potty!" Words we love to hear! She's done potty training! Good girl Ad!

02/16/2009 - I love how she says "Mom, I think I'm a little bit of sad." MELT me!

02/10/2009 - Both she and Avrie LOVE to play like they are puppies! So cute! Often Annaliese will be the master.

02/10/2009 - 3 nights in a row with a dry diaper! 3 nights in a row I was awakened by a little three year old announcing she needs to go the the bathroom at 2am.

02/02/2009 - Potty Training Complete! 5 Stars for Addie! Good Job!

01/19/2009 - First day of Sunbeams! I was spying on her class and I overheard her tell her teacher, "Guess what....I have a rash." Oh dear, where? "On my bum." Oh that sometimes happens. Avrie says..."She has a diaper rash." Teacher says..."Anyway....let's sing a song." Um, TMI?

01/17/2009 - We'll have to watch out for the antibiotic called Cefdinir....Major Rash Alert for Addie. I will say this, her pneumonia is gone.

01/16/2009 - This girl is amazing! Potty training is going GREAT! Yesterday she was with her speech therapist and stopped in the middle of her lesson to use the potty...on her own! Today we were running errands and she told me in two different stores that she needed to use the potty. We found the potty and she took care of business! WOW! I am so proud of her!

01/13/2009 - Potty Training...slow but sure. We'll get there.

01/09/2009 - Pneumonia....AGAIN! That cough is nasty. She's at least feeling okay.

1 comment:

Mad Queen said...

What a beautiful shot of Miss Addie! She is growing up way too cute!