Sunday, January 31, 2010

All about Avrie -2009


12/25/2009 - Loving her new scooter! Loves her set of horses too! Loves reading with Dad "Black Beauty" She likes to pretend she is Ginger the horse.

11/30/2009 - Loves to draw pictures on her doodle pad at night and leave them in the hall way for daddy to see when he comes up to bed. Cute girl!

11/18/2009 - My big four year old is loving her ballet costume and ballet slippers. Loves the barbie and horse gift too.

09/29/2009 - Avrie has learned to skip and it is the cutest darn skip I've ever seen! Almost like she skips side to side with huge hops. So cute!

09/21/2009 - Has decided that she would like to start sleeping on a big girl bed. Time to buy some bed rails so she doesn't wiggle off the bed...b/c she does wiggle!

09/14/2009 - Have I ever mentioned that this girl (and addie too) loves to change her clothes and often. If she had her way she would be seen in 10 different outfits per day. She still thinks that jeans are for boys..but is less resistant when we insist. After all you can't take a hike in a dress.

09/14/2009 - At night for story time this girl is always snuggled into my right side....and she always make sure that my arm is around her. I can't just hold the book open, I must have my arm around her and hold the book open. =) I do love it.

09/10/2009 - Started Preschool! Loving it! She told me the first day...the day that parents stayed in the classroom for the entire class. "mom, I'm not afraid. Could you please go away." =) Every day since at drop off she says, the same.

09/10/2009 - Of the three I've noticed that Avrie loves the outdoors the most. She loves the sand box. She makes sand cakes and pies and serves them up to anybody she can. She loves playing in the playhouse in the backyard. She is first out the door when we go on walks. She just loves it.

09/10/2009 - loves climbing on the castle at the park. Loves the swings and want to reach the leaves in the trees.

09/10/2009 - I can add one more food to her list of food that she will eat...energy bars. Kid Cliff...not bad if I do say so myself.

09/10/2009 - Can I celebrate the fact that not only are we fully potty trained but pull -ups are now optional at night time! Way to go Avrie!

09/10/2009 - At night she loves to draw on her doodle pad. Lately she has been drawing pictures for us and leaving them in the door way for us. She calls us up and tells us to look at the card she made. So cute! She is really getting good at drawing too! REALLY GOOD! She colors in the lines well too!

08/15/2009 - Was so captivated and interested in bugs on our trip to MA this summer. Her most quotable quote of the summer "Remember when there was a little tiny mosquito and I took care of it? And it had BIG EYES!" Love this cute girl!

07/31/2009 - This girl is GROWING UP! She has matured on so many levels. She is sooo helpful and sweet. She is melting me these days. Unbelievable! She is has been less clingy and outgoing socially too. She is going to be ready to start preschool!

07/31/2009 - Loves to race and loves to win! Working on the socially acceptable way to loose. =)

07/28/2009 - Avrie was curious why we need to take baths. It was explained that back in the olden days people did not bathe much and often became sick from being so dirty. Avrie says, "good thing we live in the latter days."

07/25/2009 - LOVED swimming at the indoor swimming pool! She loved doggy paddling around in her life jacket. This girl is fearless and a little fish~!

07/20/2009 - Avrie asked today "Mom, do little kids have a butt?" Yes, of course. Ha ha! =) An hour or so later..."Mom, where's my butt?"

07/01/2009 - This girl is potty trained! A month ago I thought for sure she'd be starting preschool in pull ups.

06/06/2009 - Is obsessed with being a girl. She only wears clothes that she thinks are girl clothes. Even though every single girl we know wears jeans...they are not girl clothes to her. Dresses, headbands, maryjanes are girl...everything else..boy and unacceptable to wear.

05/19/2009 - Loves headbands. Must wear one at all times. Loves her silver maryjane shoes. Must wear them at ALL times. I don't let her wear them to bed so she just sleeps with them next to her.

05/18/2009 - Still my pickiest eater but she has added Craisins to her list of edible food.

05/16/2009 - I love her little "prrrs" or prayers she gives. Last night's was especially funny..."Thank you that we can play guns and shoot each other. Thank you for the yummy food mommy made for us. Please bless us to go on a long trip so that we can watch a movie in the car. Thank you for the gospel. In the name…." Good news: today we took a long trip to the Indiana State dunes...they watched Dumbo. =)

05/15/2009 - Likes to run "SUPER FAST!"

05/15/2009 - Has gone from being 0% interested in Potty Training to about 50% interested. Hey, we'll take it.

05/11/2009 - Wow...this week Avrie has decided she loves to change outfits every hour....that's a lot of outfits in a day. I had to get organized and put things up out of reach to keep her outfit changes to 3 a day.

04/20/2009 - I love it when she sings "thumpin up n down in my little wed wagon....won't you be my garlin." Makes me smile every time.

02/25/2009 - This girl is under the weather. Snuggles from my Avrie all day. That's the kind of sick I like.

02/25/2009 - 5% interested in potty training. 95% interested in using diapers.

02/17/2009 - Loves to "ice skate" in the house...uses tupperware lids to "glide" around the room.

02/16/2009 - Where are those books? I've found she will respond better to puppets talking to her than me for some reason...she likes the attention and the play.

02/10/2009 - Unfortunately I need to pull out my parenting books again. Avrie is busy testing her parents limits this week.

02/10/2009 - Giving up naps these days...maybe there is a correlation?

02/02/2009 - This girl has been so pleasant lately! Just happy almost all day. Love her. Potty training has come to a halt. Last night as I was changing her diaper I told her that next time she should tell mom so that poops can go in the toilet. She said, "No, poops go in diapers." Okay we'll give it a rest.

01/19/2009 - She likes to wear her "Skeleton" jammies. Sometimes she'll call them "Stellikan". Funny girl.

01/19/2009 - Marshmellows! This is what she will work for! Potty training coming along slow but sure. Likes those marshmallows.

01/14/2009 - Miss Independent! You can't even TRY to help her. If you do she'll stop you and say, "No! I'm LEARNING!" =)

01/13/2009 - Potty Training...slow going but we'll get there. Discovered that she will work for marshmallows.

01/10/2009 - Pink Eye. Yuck! She does NOT like those drops!

01/09/2009 - Got her first haircut this week. We kept it long but she just needed her ends (baby hair) trimmed. I was a little sad...but I must admit she needed it! Looks cute!

1 comment:

Mad Queen said...

Oh, a darling shot of Miss Avrie too... what precious little girls you have, growing cuter everyday! Love these shots of them... their little grey sweaters are too sweet.