Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Guess who's coming to dinner!

Byron and Co...that's who! My brother Byron drove his family up from Texas to spend THanksgiving with us! We had such a fun time! THANKS FOR MAKING THE TRIP! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!



Above is all of us sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner. Pie would come later...and it was then that we realized my pumpkin pies from Costco needed to be refridgerated. Oops, ours had been on the counter for a few days. Tammy and I whipped up 2 pies from scratch in 20 minutes. They turned out awesome! Our apple pie was great too! Tammy, we are dangerous together!


Above: All the kids lined up in fromt of Portillo's.

We spent one of our days at the Museum of Science and Industry. We loved seeing the German Uboat and the model trains. I love this time of year when they have the hall of Christams Trees from around the world.
Below: The Links, what a great family they are~


Below: Here we are. (This picture is our only family shot in months. I better get on the stick or this picture will be our only option for Christmas cards....I mean New Years Cards by the time we get them out.)


Below: THE German Uboat

Below: Greyson towering over Chicago


We spent one of the days at the Field Museum. You can't come to visit us without seeing dinosaur bones! Good Times!
All of us in front of Sue the T-Rex.

Field Museum. View from 2nd level

Above: Dino bones

Above: Brynna

Above: Avrie

Above: After the museum we went to Starfruit for some frozen keiffer. Note, if you ever go there I recommend getting a berry smoothie b/c it tastes like a berry smoothie. =)

I couldn't resist this picture of Maggie. Her face says it all. Turns out that frozen keifer wasn't a huge hit. My favorite comment was from Caden who said, "I don't think mine is vanilla." At least the toppings were good! =) (Kieffer is sour...and for some vanilla and sour don't mix well I guess.)

The entire time they were here the kids just played and played the entire time! Every now and then they'd come away from their play for food or something. =) Our "playcave" was in use constantly. The older boys loved playing fooseball....we also had some nailbiter rounds of Chinese Checkers. Greyson has some good moves!
above: Greyson and Caden

above: Brynna and Annaliese

above: Addie and Maggie

Below: Annaliese saying goodbye to cousins! We love you all!

We can't wait to see you again! We loved having you here! Let's do it again real soon! WE LOVE YOU GUYS! xoxox

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh I wish we had been there too. One of these holidays will make it out there. We would love to share time with you guys.

kir said...

What a great get-together!! Darling cousins and such grand sights to see there in the windy city!!
I am a bit behind on my blog reading (RS Christmas books), but now that all 100 are done (and so far, only one of them has had a few upside down pages, well hopefully it stays at just one)I am trying ot get back in the loop! Sorry to hear about your uninvited passenger in the dashboard--eewww. Vanillaroma tree freshener, anyone??
Did you go and get yourself a sweet new calling??! If you need any Sunday lesson Christmas stories, let me know--I do have a few in my repertoire (sp?)...

kir said...

And you'll be fantastic!!

Erin said...

Brynna in those costumes KILL ME!! I love it. It looks like it was such a fun visit. Your dinner looked yummy!!! Im glad the Texas Links were able to get out and see more of Chicago.