Monday, September 21, 2009

Anniversary Weekend Review



So now that everyone in the blogoshere knows I married a sweet and tenderhearted male that can write poetry (and can figure out my password)...I'd better post something quick in response. I'll spare you any attempt at rhyming but thought you should know that I love my husband also and feel so lucky to have married him ten years ago. Life has been so good with Kermit at my side! I truly feel blessed.

So here is the weekend review.
Kermit and I headed out of town for our anniversary weekend sans kidlets. We drove to Madison, WI because we thought it sounded fun and we had never been there before. It was so close too, only 2 1/2 hour drive! We had dinner at a fabulous restaurant called Harvest. The food was incredible! The menu was simple but OH SO GOOD! Everything on the menu came from local farmers. Did I mention YUM? I highly recommend this place if you are ever in the neighborhood. Another place I recommend if you are ever in Madison and want to stay in the nicest B&B around...check out Mansion Hill Inn. LOVED this place! We had fun just walking down State Street and driving around town looking at all the beautiful old buildings and houses. We missed the kids but oh how nice it was to just be together and RELAX and not be interrupted. It was just EASY!
The next day we drove to a place called Devil's Lake. Beautiful! It was crowed but so pretty! We took a hike up the side of the mountain that was along the lake. It was some serious hiking...difficult I'd even say...or maybe I'm just out of shape. We'd go again for sure though! Maybe even next summer we'll find a place to take out the canoe maybe even....camp.

It was a most memorable weekend for sure. It was a perfect way to celebrate ten good years!

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Happy Happy 10 years to you both! Your weekend sounds beautiful and relaxing. A perfect way to celebrate!

Atkinsons said...

The poem was so sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Jeana said...

That Poem really was super sweet! I teared up reading it. Happy ten year anniversary!

Erin said...

So glad you were able to get away from it all and celebrate your anniversary. I want to go there and camp with you guys. it sounds great. Well not the though hiking part. But anyway...happy anniversary