Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary Alison!



For some time now, Alison has maintained this blog without contribution or comment from me, her husband. You may ask, why is this so? I don't have a good reason, aside from the fact that I am male. But now the time has come to break the code of silence. Today is our 10th anniversary and I want to officially declare that I love this woman! You heard me blogosphere, I am the luckiest man living. Alison you are the love and joy of my life, so embarrassingly blessed in riches of human kindness, beauty and talent. Now that I have crossed the blog line I might as well go for broke. Oh yeah I'm talking poetry here people. I wrote the following to commemorate our 10 perfect years together. With love from Kermit.



FOR ALISON
ON OUR TENTH ANNIVERSARY

A summer night, a seaside town
The moon and stars all shining down
A sandy ridge o'erlooked the sea
I promised her, she promised me

A white-washed room, a silver band
Her slender fingers in my hand
Family present, family gone
And those to come, all looking on

A song, a tear, a kiss, a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by--our love expands
Five beating hearts, ten holding hands

And on life's worried, hurried train
Above the noise, a single strain
The steady sweet unbroken voice
Of Alison, my love, my choice

Ten years and more have come and gone
The moon and stars still shining on
And you, like they, eternal spark,
Companion, lighting up the dark


6 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

kermit- you just went up a notch in my book...

happy anniversary!!!!!!!

The Texas Links said...

Happy Anniversay guys. Wow - has it already been years?! I guess it could've been more if Kerm would have stinkin' proposed like a year or two earlier.... :-)

Nice job Kermito. Thanks a lot for raising the bar for the rest of us guys. jerk. :-)

Karen said...

Wow. I say you're both lucky. No blessed.

Karyn said...

Wow Kermit. Such sweet words.
Happy 10 years!

Erin said...

happy anniversary! Kerm we love you and are so glad you are in our family. Dude Im totally making rom break the code of silence now!!!!!

GregandAmyFish said...

I love Kermit King!