Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gross

Okay, this is one of those things I'm not sure I should blog about or not. Maybe TMI... but here it goes anyway.

Tonight at about ten I was sitting here at the computer minding my own business and thinking about going to bed so I could get some good sleep when Kermit comes down and tells me not to freak out or anything BUT, he just saw a large mouse or small rat like thing walk into our closet!!!! This is so gross! I HATE RATS but amazingly I kept my cool. So much for a decent sleep tonight.

We immediately dug up some traps, slathered them with peanut butter and set them in the closet. Long story short, the little guy doesn't like peanut butter.

By midnight we had him trapped under a clear plastic box. He's still there now. We don't know what to do with him. If we let him go, he knows how to get back in our house. (We think he got in through the upstairs laundry room vent via his amazing spiderman skills or....I just don't know.) I just hope his little friends didn't get the memo. Just what we need a house full of mice (at least that's what I'm going to call them but I really can't tell which this is).

This is just disgusting. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. Yeah, I'll be washing everything in my closet and sanitizing like crazy. That's no April foolin' either. ICK!

Other than that things are great around here! Really! =) Also on my to do list tomorrow...get my hair cut! Looking forward to that as always. All the little ones are doing great. We had a fun day today playing at home and a little visit to the library.

3 comments:

The Christexans said...

So glad we don't get any of those on the 4th floor. Actually, I haven't even seen an ant! I haven't seen any rats or relatives in the entire city. Maybe that's why it smells so good here?

Erin said...

so gross. I hate anything with nasty tails. (gag) but so glad you got this little guy under control!

Mad Queen said...

Sick! What did you do with him? Trisha had a rat hiding in her BBQ and her husband smacked it dead with a shovel ON HER BBQ GRILL!... yeah, TMI and they got rid of the grill...wow.