Sunday, July 22, 2007

No Vacancy...

Yes, the King Hotel was open for business this week, every bed full! So fun! We had people everywhere! My brother Byron drove his family up from Texas. My sister Erin and her husband flew in from LA, along with my mom! What a blast! It has been a dream to fill this house up with family visiting and at last it happened! What a great week! My only regret is that my dad and my other brother Derek and his family couldn't make it!
Annaliese and the twins hit it off immediately with all the family - Aunts, uncles and cousins and Grandma! They played and played and played! Never a dull moment! I don't think we even had the toys out - didn't need them. The girls just loved just playing with their cousins! It's so fun to see them have such a good time with everyone! Can't wait for more reunions. We didn't even scratch the surface of the many things there are to do here in Chicago. I'm hoping that all will come back in a year or two for more Chicago adventures! All family welcome ANYTIME to the King Hotel!

Here are some highlights:
-Cousin Chris Waldron and wife Sarah visit
-Cubs game at Wrigley (they won!)
-Zoo and Lincon Park
-Tickets to Wicked
-Chicago Boat Tour
-Midnight ice cream runs
-Navy Pier Rides
-Children's Museum
-Dinner at Joe's Be Bop Cafe (fun live music)
-Nap
-Late nights - early mornings - FUN TIMES
-Driving like a crazy woman to get to the airport - they barely made thier flight - last to board
-Did I miss anything?!

Come back again! I love you guys! THANKS FOR COMING!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So fun. The King hotel shows much hospitality. We loved our visit. It was fun for us to do things we hadnt done yet...cubs, theater, navy pier...really fun for us. Of coarse we'll come again. thanks for the yummy food and bed. Youre great. Love you