Wednesday, January 28, 2015

call me crazy

"Mama said there would be days like this".....that song brings back fun memories.  I came to know it when I was living in DC and a  movie that my roommates and I liked had it on it's soundtrack.   This week that song keeps going through my head not because I've been thinking about DC or that movie.  It's just been a crazy, crazy day.  What a day. What a week. I feel completely exhausted.  I love my sweet girls....I'm just tired, and that is allowed after all.  That song going through my head has helped me keep things light  and in a proper perspective.  So really I'm not going crazy.

I don't expect anybody to read this but somehow it feels good to just put it out there.  I'm really not griping even if it sounds like I am.  I'm just documenting what happened on this crazy week so maybe someday I'll look back and laugh.  Maybe life will get crazier and I'll laugh at how easy this week was in retrospect?!  Maybe life will get easier and I'll wonder how I managed.  Here we go:

So last week our 25+ year old washing machine died.....for the 8th time over the years.  I think it has nine lives so we opted to have Kermit try to fix it.  All he needed was a $125 part that would be to our home in just a few days.  Long story short, the part came but we need another little part  that we didn't anticipate and now we are going on week two with no washer.  Many a trips to the coin op laundry mat this week.   Bleh.   Also did you know that the guts of a 25 year old washing machine get pretty filthy gross?  Ours is gleaming though thanks to dish soap and a few hours of elbow grease.  I can't wait for my clean washer to work again soon!

The dishwasher broke.  But the good news is, Kermit fixed it and it works better than it has in years.  Like the dishes really are clean. It needed to be fixed for awhile and I was just in denial about it and kept putting away dirty dishes. Gross huh. Now our dishes sparkle and it is awesome.  I'll never let my dishwasher do that again.

These things happen in 3's so naturally, the car battery died.  I was in Costco parking lot and the car wouldn't start after I loaded up my goods. Fortunately a nice man that worked there helped get me jumped and recommended Autozone to get it checked out.  I had to go to two different locations but we got a new battery installed.  While that was going on, Althea was busy with this.

Yup. She had been fussy earlier and all of a sudden she started being quiet and content. What a good baby.  Oh, I see why now.  Those are blueberries.  I forgot to move the Costco sized jumbo container of blueberries away from her after buckling her in.  The nice worker at Autozone had a roll of paper towels and I was able to get her cleaned up, sort of.  We'll find out next week when the washer gets fixed if her clothes come clean or not.

We had the annual work holiday party on Saturday.  Now you think that dressing up and going to a fancy party would be something to look forward to.  I don't.  I used to but now I dread it.  But we went.  Being social with people I don't know very well has become extremely taxing for me. Check that box until next year.

Althea has not been napping.  She has been grumpy.  Only wants to be held.  Cries a lot.  I blame her shots she had last week.  They said she could be out of sorts for two weeks.  Let's get it over with.  I want my good napper and happy baby back.

The big girls have taken an interest in sewing little stuffed animals.  It's adorable.  They cut out felt and hand sew cute little animals.  I love it.  They love it. It's hard tho when a certain baby only wants to be held and you're trying to make dinner and all three girls want your help all at the same time.  (Exhale.)

I just found out that one of my Young Women from many moons ago died.  She died 2 years ago and I just found out.  I am so sad.  She was 27.  She left behind a 3 year old daughter and premie baby boy twins.  My heart is aching for her children.  I'm sad also because I don't think any of the people that knew her here in the ward knew about her passing.  I think she kind of cut herself off from the church when she moved away to Florida. I'm just so bummed out.  I don't know who to tell or how to tell or if I should even worry about it.  But I do.

Kermit has been traveling a lot lately and when he is in town he's had to be in early and stay late.  It ebbs and flows. Generally speaking though I can't complain.  His work the last year has been such that he's been able to do a lot from home which has helped with the everyday routines.  Hopefully soon we'll be able to have him back home more.

I've started back to the gym again.  I've only been like 4 times but it's been pretty much every other day.  I have a sitter every MWF morning for Althea so she doesn't have to go to scary childcare at the gym.  So working out should make me feel great and it does but my muscles are super sore and I'm not getting enough sleep.  Enough said.

All that stuff above rolled up are all good problems to have (except finding out about my YW).  I am very blessed.  But also very tired.  Good night.

No comments: